Wednesday 17 October 2012

Publication.

Unfortunately I have had to blog these at a much later date than i designed them, with my publication I want to create an aesthetic that involves the reader in what's going on, using simple stocks and binds to create a mission report style to it, I have various ideas through these drawings ranging from inserts to die cuts.

Die cuts within certain different stocks throughout the publication could be really nice to deliver information and represent the idea of looking through something to find information, similar to how the Hubble telescope does.

Mirrored paper in the sections to deliver information could be a nice touch. The text could be printed on one side backwards, then the mirror allows the reader to see the information the right way, I have been thinking about this for a while but seen as though the book is primarily designed to deliver information this could over complicate it and create an obstacle for the audience.

Binding.

Whilst thinking about a mission report I thought using metal file binding clips could be a lovely touch to create the aesthetic I want, a professional considered feel to the book could take it a long way, although the publication is about delivering information, it's just as much about involving the reader and creating a story by involving them.


publication development

No comments:

Post a Comment